Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Facts and fluff...


Here's the interview with my kid sister. Let me know what you think, or if you have any follow up questions for her.

Age : 25 (26 in November)

Status: happily married

Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas



Question 1:

What do you do for a living? I am a commercial real estate appraiser. I will analyze a commercial property (businesses, entire subdivisions, and occasional land) and tell you what it is worth today.



Question 2:

Has the housing market hit bottom, or do you think we're in for more? why? It’s going to get worse, and it will probably be another 5 years before things start to settle down. Judging from the appraisal work we’re doing for the FDIC, it is not over. There was a huge boom for the housing industry (developers and borrowers profited most), but overbuilding and unsafe lending practices led to unsustained marketability (too much in one area) for most of these projects. Hey, that sounded pretty good, didn’t it? J



Question 2:

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? With one or two kiddos, and hopefully in my own house.



Question 3:

What are some great things about where you live? I think Fayetteville is a very eclectic area. You can be almost any kind of person and enjoy living here. There is a yearly motorcycle festival, a hippie music festival, numerous arts and crafts festivals, and its also becoming more popular for mainstream music.



Question 4:

Where do you get most of your news? Online alternative news outlets. I can’t remember the last time I watched FOX, ABC, CBS,CNN, or any of those. Come to think of it, it was probably the last time I was in Texas, because Mom had it tuned in.



Question 5:

Do you think it matters where you get your news? Absolutely. You should always be able to back track to the original source of the info.



Question 6:

What was your favorite thing about growing up the way we did? Building makeshift forts in the woods behind the house, and the quietness.



Question 7:

What about our society would you like to see changed when you have children? Less government intrusion on everything (can you tell I’m Libertarian?)



Question 8:

What is your least favorite movie? “Escape from L.A.” . Roy made me watch it and I laughed at how cheesy it is.



Question 9:

What was the hardest lesson you ever had to learn? Avoiding something will not make it go away. Especially financially-wise.



Question 10:

How do you describe success? Achieving personal goals and then extending them. It’s all relative.



Question 11:

What has been your greatest achievement so far in life? Turning my life around at age 23. I was really in a downward spiral for a while. I’ve gotten out of debt, established a career, and met someone who made me want to be a better person.



Question 12:

Greatest failure? College. I really didn’t try like I should have.



Question 13:

Most embarrassing moment? Okay, I’ll spill. You know this one: Being probably 8 years old, In church, Sunday morning, and passing gas on the wooden pews. I know you enjoyed it.



Question 14:

The obligatory "stranded on a desert island" question.

You could only take 1 thing (not your spouse), what would it be? Beer.



Question 15:

What's the most important thing in life? Family, definitely.







Would you rather/this or that.



Question 16:

If you were to go on a television show, would you rather go on Oprah, or Dr. Phil? Oprah, so I could make fun of all of the screaming ladies.



Question 17:

chocolate or ice cream? Ice cream.



Question 18:

Would you rather be stupid and rich or super smart and dirt poor? Smart and poor. I’ve got the poor part down all ready J.



Question 19:

Major PMS or major acne breakout? Acne. PMS makes me nauseous.



Question 20:

Would you rather win the mega lottery or get offered your dream job? Dream job. I’ve heard so many stories about winning the lottery destroying your life. Plus I would feel better about spending the money.

In addition to her career, Kristen also enjoys hiking, her psychotic cats, and long walks on the beach...
You can view more about my sister and her life on her blog: www.thespencerslife.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Gabe and Monica said...

Fun, fun...it was great to learn more about your sister! Another question to ask....what is the craziest story your have about amy??

aunt kiki said...

Ha! I've got a good one:

In high school, Amy was a senior, and I was a freshman, we would hang out together alot after school with some mutual friends. One of these friends had a job watering the golf course overnight. We joined them out there, probably starting at around midnight ( It was the middle of summer, no school, come to think of it now). We got it into our heads to race the golf carts along the deserted course. Well, amy and her driver came around a curve a bit too fast, and the whole golf cart flipped over with her in it! I was freaking out, of course, but she was just fine, actually laughing, I think. We had to spend the rest of the night trying to repair the golf carts. I'm not sure we were successful. Ah, high school!

aunt kiki said...

Ha! I've got a good one:

In high school, Amy was a senior, and I was a freshman, we would hang out together alot after school with some mutual friends. One of these friends had a job watering the golf course overnight. We joined them out there, probably starting at around midnight ( It was the middle of summer, no school, come to think of it now). We got it into our heads to race the golf carts along the deserted course. Well, amy and her driver came around a curve a bit too fast, and the whole golf cart flipped over with her in it! I was freaking out, of course, but she was just fine, actually laughing, I think. We had to spend the rest of the night trying to repair the golf carts. I'm not sure we were successful. Ah, high school!

Amy said...

I cannot recall what you speak of Kristen. wink.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Crazy Beautiful Life

Crazy Beautiful Life

I see you!

People who love me

Bill of Rights

some of my favorite music. have a listen


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter