Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thank you for being a friend.

If you know me, you know my favorite show is The Golden Girls. It has everything a comedy should have; writing, delivery, timing, just everything. There's a comforting feeling that sweeps over me when I hear that piano start up, and see the airplane start flying into the Miami sunset. I know, I'm getting into the land of the lame here, but it's true. I don't know if it's the shoulder pads, or sweaters with heels that the ladies wear in every episode, or the fact that I was just a kid when this show came out, and I didn't have to worry about bills, or who to vote for. I'm obsessed with this show. I don't think there's an episode I haven't seen. All three of my children were delivered during an afternoon of Golden Girls reruns, and deep breathing. Does that paint a picture for you of how devoted I am to this show? It's just about the only thing that can cheer me up after a lousy day.My favorite character has to be Sophia, played by Estelle Getty. She had the best one liners and delivered them like they were an art form. Ms. Getty passed away today. I'm so sad and need some comfort. I'm going to have to go out and rent a few seasons of the show, it's much needed.

1 comment:

aunt kiki said...

You are right, she was the best out of all of them. I'm sad!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Crazy Beautiful Life

Crazy Beautiful Life

I see you!

People who love me

Bill of Rights

some of my favorite music. have a listen


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter