Tuesday, November 25, 2008
But, in spite of my funk, I still recognize the things in my life that are blessings, and right now, I'll ask if you'll count them with me. They are not necessarily in order.
* First and foremost, God has blessed me with the most amazing husband. He's supportive when I need him to be. He talks when I need advice, and he's quiet (most of the time) when I need an ear.
* My kids. They keep me absolutely busier than I've ever been, but when they say "I Love you, mommy" "You're pretty and sparkly" it makes it all worth it.
* My Church. I can't say enough good things about the great home that God has brought us into.
* My Parents. They give me so much support as a mom and a daughter, and I'm glad I get the opportunity to be friends with them as an adult. I'm so glad they moved a block away from me.
* Pistachios. They have been such a blessing when I'm hungry for a snack.
* Being able to lose the weight that I have so desperately wanted to lose. I feel so much better about myself than I used to. I'm thankful to myself for working so hard.
* I'm thankful that this year, we are financially stable, but too remember last year when we were blessed with people in our lives who shared their blessings with us. We plan to do the same this year.
How about you? What are you thankful for?
(these are by no means the only things I'm thankful for. I just have to go now, because my children are fighting.)
Friday, November 21, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Taylor had a "Thanksgiving Feast" today at preschool, and I got some pictures and video of the play they performed for us about the first thanksgiving. My battery was going dead, so I just shot Taylor's part of the play. Sorry other less talented children... She was the star.
Monday, November 17, 2008
So, they told me that because of the size of the lenses, she would need plastic frames in order for the lenses not to pop out so easily. (It happens all the time). Okay. They got her to try on several pair and were oohing and ahhing for her benefit. We picked out a pair that she liked, we sat down to start to process and oops, they are out of that one (It's going to be discontinued soon). We start the whole process again and we end up with a $75 pair of frames. With everything together though, her glasses are $200.00!!! Frames, fees, and estra buffing to make the lenses thinner sure sent me into shell shock. I paid, called Baxter (who took her last time) and he told me that they had previously recommended to him the metal frames because they are more flexible. I feel like a heel.
I hope Kayleigh enjoys her "Hilary Duff" spectacles when they come in next week. I'll be sure to post a picture.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
I'm trying to keep myself from totally destroying my body by raiding the pantry and tearing into all the halloween candy like a crazed maniac. I can just imagine the girls walking in on that, paper flying everywhere, and me, with a pound of nougat in my teeth.
The only thought that's keeping me sane right now is that I have yoga tonight. I'll probably go early and run too. Yep, that sounds like a great plan.
It's just one of those days.
Uh oh, here they come. Quick someone hide me.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Taylor: "ok, I'm gonna say the blessing"
Me: "go for it, sweetie!"
Me" "what did she say"
Baxter: " I have no idea"
Kayleigh:" Okay, I have no idea what she just said"
Taylor: "me, either"
Here's another one on the way home from church.
Kayleigh and Taylor in the back of the car
Kayleigh: "Taylor, I wanna call you by a nickname." "can I call you T-Bone?"
Kayleigh: "can I call you tater tot?"
Kayleigh: "what would you like me to call you?"
Taylor: "you can call me rainbow unicorn"
Kayleigh: "how about T-Bone?"
kayleigh: 'how's it going, T-Bone?"
Taylor: "pretty good"
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
There are many instances in the Bible. of God bringing His people through dark times.
I can only ask myself these questions.
Will I suffer? Maybe.
Will I question authority? Definitely
Will I let God take the reigns and make my decisions? Definitely
From Carter to Reagan, from Obama to ???
Monday, November 3, 2008
26. She used to make me french toast when we were 15 and 12 ( I swore I would never be one of those "cooking" type moms)
25. she knows all my secrets
24. she still lets me tease her about the time we were in the Sharp County beauty pageant and she got on stage and got lost and couldn't figure out how to get off of the stage.
23. she can't drive in the snow, but she tries.
22. she was the only person that would swim with me in the icy depths of my grandparent's pool.
21. she was the popular one in high school, but she didn't know it.
20. I still laugh when I picture her face wrapped around a clarinet.
19. she still laughs when I do the cockatiel bird dance
18. she's a modern day hippie
17. she and I tag team while making my mom laugh so hard she cries
16. she only gives advice when she's asked. (something I need to work on)
15. I remember going fishing with her when we were in high school, and she carried her bait in her pocket.
14. How Ella reminds me of her when she was little and had a nasty temper.
13. How we both laughed out loud at the part of the exorcist where the girl crab walked down the stairs backwards.
12. her blackmailing me into playing barbies with her until I was 13 or so.
11. her blackmailing me for a ride to school until I graduated.
10. our early morning wardrobe fights ("you let go of my hair" "no, you let go of mine first".)
9. her love for all things steak
8. all night super mario brothers tournaments
7. her ability to make a joke about you and make you forget that you're mad at her
6. the secret way we make fun of our husbands together.
5. the fact that she's just about the best aunt EVER!
4. the late night talks we ALWAYS have when we get together.
3. her choice of husband. Choice beef, prime cut. Excellent man.
2. the way we annoy everyone else around us with our constant "twin" laughter
1. being able to be grown ups together and friends with the best sister a girl could ask for!
I'm tempted to turn off my television tomorrow...
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ▼ November (13)