Someone's having a birthday. So, in honor of her special day, here are 26 reasons I love my sister.
26. She used to make me french toast when we were 15 and 12 ( I swore I would never be one of those "cooking" type moms)
25. she knows all my secrets
24. she still lets me tease her about the time we were in the Sharp County beauty pageant and she got on stage and got lost and couldn't figure out how to get off of the stage.
23. she can't drive in the snow, but she tries.
22. she was the only person that would swim with me in the icy depths of my grandparent's pool.
21. she was the popular one in high school, but she didn't know it.
20. I still laugh when I picture her face wrapped around a clarinet.
19. she still laughs when I do the cockatiel bird dance
18. she's a modern day hippie
17. she and I tag team while making my mom laugh so hard she cries
16. she only gives advice when she's asked. (something I need to work on)
15. I remember going fishing with her when we were in high school, and she carried her bait in her pocket.
14. How Ella reminds me of her when she was little and had a nasty temper.
13. How we both laughed out loud at the part of the exorcist where the girl crab walked down the stairs backwards.
12. her blackmailing me into playing barbies with her until I was 13 or so.
11. her blackmailing me for a ride to school until I graduated.
10. our early morning wardrobe fights ("you let go of my hair" "no, you let go of mine first".)
9. her love for all things steak
8. all night super mario brothers tournaments
7. her ability to make a joke about you and make you forget that you're mad at her
6. the secret way we make fun of our husbands together.
5. the fact that she's just about the best aunt EVER!
4. the late night talks we ALWAYS have when we get together.
3. her choice of husband. Choice beef, prime cut. Excellent man.
2. the way we annoy everyone else around us with our constant "twin" laughter
1. being able to be grown ups together and friends with the best sister a girl could ask for!
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ▼ November (13)