I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I've been putting myself to bed at around 8:00 p.m. It seems that in the evenings my energy levels just disintegrate. I'm going to contribute this to the fact that I have not been on my thyroid medicine in well over a year. I know, I know, I'm going to get that checked out soon...
But, in spite of my funk, I still recognize the things in my life that are blessings, and right now, I'll ask if you'll count them with me. They are not necessarily in order.
* First and foremost, God has blessed me with the most amazing husband. He's supportive when I need him to be. He talks when I need advice, and he's quiet (most of the time) when I need an ear.
* My kids. They keep me absolutely busier than I've ever been, but when they say "I Love you, mommy" "You're pretty and sparkly" it makes it all worth it.
* My Church. I can't say enough good things about the great home that God has brought us into.
* My Parents. They give me so much support as a mom and a daughter, and I'm glad I get the opportunity to be friends with them as an adult. I'm so glad they moved a block away from me.
* Pistachios. They have been such a blessing when I'm hungry for a snack.
* Being able to lose the weight that I have so desperately wanted to lose. I feel so much better about myself than I used to. I'm thankful to myself for working so hard.
* I'm thankful that this year, we are financially stable, but too remember last year when we were blessed with people in our lives who shared their blessings with us. We plan to do the same this year.
How about you? What are you thankful for?
(these are by no means the only things I'm thankful for. I just have to go now, because my children are fighting.)
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (91)
- ▼ November (13)