Monday, April 6, 2009

whew..

It's Monday. and I'm thankful. Did you hear that, people? I'm thankful it's a Monday. After my Friday morning near meltdown, I soon realized that Kayleigh was not the only one feeling sick. I willed myself that I would make it to the end of the day, and somehow, I did. As soon as the babes from next door left, my body said, "okay, it's party time ", and Kayleigh and I spent Friday evening in my bed whining to each other and watching whatever mediocre programming that happened to be on Nickelodeon/Disney. This weekend was also when our youth group participated in the annual 30 hour famine, so Baxter and the other two girls were out of the house. Thankfully some good friends from church agreed to watch them for us. (the girls, not Baxter.)

The next morning Kay and I were both feeling much better, so I sent her on with her sisters and I went to the church to help with the youth event. This year, in lieu of not eating, we did things a little differently. How does 30 hours of not speaking sound? Well, for an adult, dealing with jr. High kids, it sounded heavenly. Ahh, well. The purpose of not speaking was to focus on God, and hear Him in the silence. The peace and quiet was just a big honkin' bonus for me. :)
The event ended at 10 p.m. and from there I went to drop some of the teens home, and go pick up my E. (she and her sisters were split up, as there aren't many people who can handle all three of them together for very long). You should have seen how tired she was. I can only imagine how much fun she had this weekend. We are so lucky to have people in our lives who love our kids almost as much as we do.

Sunday, Taylor and I missed church due to a disagreeable attitude. (Hers not mine, although I wasn't Mrs. Mommy Sunshine at the time, and when I say disagreeable, I mean melt your face off tirade). After Bax and the girls got home, guess who got sick? Yep, my favorite "workaholic" and yours, Baxter. So it was me and the too tired trio for the rest of the afternoon. It was a long weekend. My expectations are HIGH for this weekend that we'll be able to be relaxed and get some work done on the house. I shall will it into reality. That can happen, right?

Thank Goodness For... Mondays?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ella is a joy to watch. Until Bethany came and picked her up, she had fun playing with Peanut in the backyard. Glad you are feelig better.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Crazy Beautiful Life

Crazy Beautiful Life

I see you!

People who love me

Bill of Rights

some of my favorite music. have a listen


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter