Friday, January 9, 2009

Where do I start?

You ever have that moment when you haven't seen somebody for so long, and you have so much catching up to do that you're kind of intimidated about hanging out with them because you don't want to overload them with information? Okay.... maybe not. But that's how I'm feeling about blogging to you guys right now. I have had a seriously busy few weeks.



I guess I could start with Christmas. My sister and brother'n law came in for 4 days. We had a blast. There were groin injuries from cheerleading that should have been left in the past, there were lots and lots of barbies (er.. um.. for the girls of course), there were flat tires, endangered male egos, and monkey like efforts trying to work garage doors (my sister and I are not what you would call mechanically inclined, and left on our own, it's pretty comical). All in all, I can say it was a full 4 days of hilarity. It's always guaranteed to be a laugh or a twin-like cackle when she and I get together.

We then scooted to Branson for a week to hang out with Baxter's family. We, of course did the obligatory Silver Dollar City (which we all really enjoyed!), the IMAX, and you know, everything else is kind of a blur. The reason: We stayed in a double sided condo with the other half of the family, and let me just say, the fact that it was what you might call "tight quarters" and that my children were hopped up on adrenaline and sugar, you can imagine how we all felt by the end of the week. Add to that, the place was stocked up on every kind of dessert you can imagine (thank you mother n' law), and as many of you know sweets are my "happy place" that I go to when I get stressed out. So, now that my double chin is back firmly in place, I am home and glad to be here. We did have a great time being gone, and getting to hang out as a family, though!

I'm now nannying 5 days a week for a friend, and it's going well. 4 kids including my own (3 under 2)will be in my care every day, needless to say, Blogging is going to come a little harder for me because I have to be one step ahead in scheduling my time. I am not used to having to plan things out during the day according to a schedule, and it's going to be an adjustment. I just want you all to stay with me and keep reading.

More to come. I have to go get ready for my day, and for all the children that are going to be in my kitchen in aout 30 minutes!

1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Crazy Beautiful Life

Crazy Beautiful Life

I see you!

People who love me

Bill of Rights

some of my favorite music. have a listen


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter