Wednesday, March 5, 2008

warning: pontification coming

pon·tif·i·cate (pn-tf-kt, -kt)-
intr.v. (-kt) pon·tif·i·cat·ed, pon·tif·i·cat·ing, pon·tif·i·cates
1. To express opinions or judgments in a dogmatic way

Okay, so apparently we now have 3 choices. A far left liberal, a self proclaimed "progressive", and a not so conservative conservative. I'm at a loss.

I guess it's going to be the lesser of the three evils. (I'll reserve naming him or her until later.)

But what I really want to ramble on about right now is where I believe this country is, and why it infuriates me.

(1). How have we become a country with such a feeling of self-entitlement? Do we really deserve to have the government swoop in and bail us out when we screw up with our mortgages? Where in the heck is the personal responsibility? You learn from mistakes... Oh, yeah, and it's a great idea in theory to provide everyone with health care, but have you been to the dmv, or any other government office? There's a model of efficiency and customer service for you. I can't wait to take my kid to the E.R. in the middle of the night and deal with the beauracratic red tape that awaits...

(2). Are people really voting on the issues? I'm thinking no. I have to say this (I'm going to get flamed), the general public are stupid sheep. Most people could not tell you who the speaker of the house is and/or what she does, much less what the candidate they are voting for ACTUALLY stands for with specifics. Let's get swept up in this great tide of change, and have the audacity to hope for nonspecific ideals and plans. But it's okay, we trust you, we just like your message.

*please note, if you have researched your candidate and believe in the issues he/she represents, you are not a stupid sheep.

I'm just at a loss. If someone, anyone, can explain to me why the government having even more control over our lives, and "shared wealth" is good, I'm really open to listen.

okay, I'm done.

p.s. apparently, if you are a Christian and believe that you have had a gift given to you by Jesus, you're a crazy. I just read this on a blog that I frequent (the name of which will not be posted). How's that, again?

2 comments:

jaybrams said...

A few things - first of all, i'm not sure what you're PS means, so i'm just going say "i agree with you amy!"

Most people are sheep in every area of their life, more so in Christianity than politics... So i agree with you there.

Every politician talks bigger than he/she can produce. We have a government of checks and balances... you can visit any of the candidates websites and see basically the same type of thing... an overall view of what he/she wants to accomplish it, and very little of the small details.

now... my turn to be flamed:
http://jaybrams.com/2008/03/06/re-pontification/

Rick said...

1) Baaah.
2) Baaah.

Think of Moses getting ready to lead the people of Israel for 40 years in the wilderness - by shepherding sheep for 40 yrs in the wilderness. Baaah.

I've got my own angst built up over time, and for me this year it's moved somewhere beyond the issues. That's just a thing, not good or bad, but at least I feel like I'm not casting pearls before the "lesser of two evil swine".

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Crazy Beautiful Life

Crazy Beautiful Life

I see you!

People who love me

Bill of Rights

some of my favorite music. have a listen


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter