Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Walkin' around in a wheelchair

Today is my Daddy's birthday. I wanted to take a minute to reflect on the person that I not only look like, but act so much like too.


Here are some things that he and I have in common...

*We both have a cutting wit. It's just the truth. We can hurl jokes like nobody's business. It often worked to my disadvantage when I was a teenager and would overstep during arguments, however. But it's amusing when we get together now. :)

*We both have a strong aversion to vomit. (it sets off a chain reaction you don't want to be witness to)

*We both have feet like hobbits. His are only slightly more hairy. ( I said only slightly)

*We both are excellent cooks. Although I didn't practice this much while I lived at home, I learned most of what I know about cooking from my dad. He can whip up some mean vittles.

*We are both musically inclined. If you're ever around when he picks up his guitar, you'll be staying 'till he's done. He also played the trumpet way back when...

*We're both into photography. He always has a camera in his hand. And we also both enjoy the amusement that comes from stalking people with said camera.

*We're both pranksters, Much to the dismay of my poor mother.

*We both have an affinity for weather watching. His catchphrase is "look to the west". In high school that translated to "it's probably not a good idea for you to be going out tonight, because there is a weather system headed our way, and i don't want you getting caught in it", now it means "ha ha Dad, there are clouds over there"

*We would both go barefoot year round if it was socially accepted. (but not likely, what with the hobbit feet and all)

*We are both part Czechoslovakian (spelling, eh, whatever), and we look it!

There are many more, but I have to go return his gift, because apparently he already has the one I got him.

Thanks, Dad for being a wonderful man, and a great Dad, and an awesome Papa. Us girls absolutely cherish you.

You're awesome.

Happy Birthday!

Birthday Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

aunt kiki said...

excellent headline....

The McKays said...

What a thoughtful post! I learned some new things about u, too.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Crazy Beautiful Life

Crazy Beautiful Life

I see you!

People who love me

Bill of Rights

some of my favorite music. have a listen


Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter